top of page

Singer           Media          Weddings & Events       FAQs         Repertoire          Testimonials          Vocal Coach         Contact        Other Stuff

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some questions I can remember being asked before. If you have a question that's not here, please feel free to email or call me for any help and advice.

How do I book you?

Simply fill in the form my contact page and I'll get back to you with my availability and an accurate quote (usually within the same day). You can also call me directly on 07803050264.  A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking and you can pay the rest on the day. Pay your deposit by cash, bank transfer or cheque.

Booking me directly (through my website), you will receive my best possible price, as there are no agent or commission fees to pay. 

How much do you cost?

Because of the different entertainments I can provide, every quote tends to be bespoke, but the following is a good guide to my costs.

  • Wedding Package 1 - Play during ceremony only (No set up) - £200

  • Wedding Package 2 - Play during drinks reception only (No set up) - £350

  • Wedding Package 3 - Ceremony and Drinks Reception (No set up) - £395

  • To add PA (Set up) to any of the above, add an extra £45

  • Wedding Package 4 - Evening Reception Party (Includes set up) - £435

This is intended as a rough guide only - for a more accurate quote or combinations of entertainment, please contact me!

Where will you travel to?

I can travel UK wide as well as internationally.  I am based in Newbury, Berkshire and the first 50 miles of travel is included in my quotes.  

Available locations (but not limited to) include:

Berkshire, Hampshire, London, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Wiltshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Essex, Kent, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Birmingham, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Reading, Winchester, Newbury, Basingstoke, Oxford.

What sets can you provide?

I'm very flexible but I provide many different forms of entertainment.  Good examples of what I can do are listed below but these are by no means exhaustive or exclusive.

  • Wedding ceremony music - A couple of songs as guests arrive, one song for the entrance of the bride, up to three songs for the signing of the register, and exit music.

  • Acoustic Guitar or Piano sets - 2 x 45min sets are the norm, but I can break it into any combination to accommodate the circumstances, eg, cake cutting, etc.  You can absolutely add in extra sets too though.

  • Party sets with PA - I can play up to 3 x 45min sets with playlist music in between.

Please contact me if you would like any help with timings.

Can we pick what songs you perform?

Yes you can. However I do like to be able to choose the best order to play them in for a good set flow. I recommend letting me know your most favourite songs you'd like to hear... And then allow me to mix these in with some of my own choices, that will complement the event and the tastes of your guests.  

I always like to ask as to what songs you would like me avoid, whatever the reason for this.

Are you able to DJ in-between sets?

In a sense, yes.  I am not a DJ, but I can provide playlist music in between sets that compliments the music I perform.  I am also more than happy for you to provide a playlist either in advance or you can plug your device into my system.

Do you have your own lighting?

Yes, I can provide simple, professional and contemporary LED lighting for stage/dance floor with all my packages if required.

How much space do you need and what power do you require?

A performance area of at least 3m wide x 2m deep (4m x 3m if possible) + 2 plugs/power points. That's all. I am happy to liaise with venues prior to the day to organise a suitable space if necessary.

How loud are you?

If I'm acoustic, then as loud as my voice, but with PA I like to set the sound so the music is lively and loud enough to encourage people to dance to it, at the same time making sure the levels aren't too loud, so that your guests can still talk to one another. 


Can we use your microphone for speeches?

I have a wireless microphone that you are very welcome to use.  Just let me know if you would like to borrow it.  Please be aware that my PA may need to be set up earlier to accommodate this.

Can we sing a song with you?

It's great when guests get involved, however previous experience has taught me that it is best to organise this before the night to avoid unexpected performers spoiling it for everyone.  Please feel free to let me know if there's someone (or something) you'd like to sing. 

Do you have PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) and PLI (Public Liability Insurance)? 

Yes, all my electrical items are tested annually and PAT certified to meet the IEE Electricity at Work Regulations. I also have Public Liability Insurance cover up to £10 million, renewed each year with AmpBand. If your venue needs copies of these, just let me know your point of contact and I can send them directly. 

Can I see you play live?

I mainly perform at private functions and I don't play at many public gigs as a result of that. All upcoming public gigs will be announced on my Facebook page:

Why should I book you? 

I have been performing at weddings and all kinds of events since 2001 and I've built up a wealth of experience doing so. I take pride in making sure I can give you and your guests the best experience possible.     


I can bring quality sound and lighting equipment along to every gig I play, plus given the level of practice I put into every song I perform, you can rest assured you are booking entertainment of the very best standard.


Don't just take my word for it...

Take a look a what my previous clients have said about me on my testimonials page or on my Facebook page.

bottom of page